Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do we have a choice?

For the Invisible Man, we had discussed whether or not we have the ability to make our own decision in our lives. Personally, I believe that we have a choice when we are gifted with opportunities. For instance, a princess of England has a lot of opportunities and responsibility, therefore, she has a lot of choices to make in her life. Whereas, a homeless person lacks any other choice but to beg in the street. People in desperate situations do not have many options to work with. So, at the end of the spectrum, people do not have choices. However, if we are presented with opportunities, we a choice on how to live our lives. It is all based upon our own situation. For me personally, I have plenty of choices to make: when to move out, when to get married, what clothes to wear everyday, to pursue my major or to change it, etc. Because I have the opportunities and responsibility to make decisions, I must do so in order to improve my life. However, many people are not in a fortunate situation, and so, do not have many routes to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment